Friday, February 23, 2007

A Trip from Mysore to Belgaum

After I finished my two months training I was posted in Belgaum for 4 weeks field training.
At night 8:40 ,the train from Mysore to Dharwar. I was accompanied by two friends Manoj and Vikas.
The journey was nice.In our compartment there were three ladies and a gent.Two ladies was from one family. One with a small kid and the elder lady her mother(it's my guess).They asked for lower birth even before the train started.We had no problem in exchanging berths.

There was an old budhist lady.She insisted in throwing her empty teacup and waste paper herself ,eventhough she was too old to do that.She asked us whether you know some place name( still can't get that place). We replied we didn't know.She again asked us with surprise you don't know that place as if we had done something really bad. We looked each other and smiled.
Next to our berth was a couple.Seemed newly wed.
Got into the upperbirth and began my meditation( Savasana).Woke up early in the morning and because train halted in a station , I thought we had reached Dharwar but actually didn't.It was some temporary halt in a station. I made my friends wake up to hear their scoldings.

After an hour we reached Dharawar station.Cool wind was blowing.We kept bags there where we got down .... Really chilling that I thought of taking my blanket and covering myself like a terrorists dress seen in movies...but I was too lazy to take it from my bag.
We got into Rani Channamma express to kolhapur (in the general compartment ).There was a slight rush but I somehow managed to get a seat near an old lady.She took the permission from the Gandhi topiwala(her husband ) for allowing me to sit.He looked at me ,I made a face expression as I am really innocent and I badly want a seat.After a while the topiwala asked for making a call from my mobile for which I hesitated ( he told me in some other language may be Kannada or Marathi, one person near me translated it to hindi ) he wanted to talk to Bangalore,I told mereko paisa lagega Bhaisab.......my balance was less..even otherwise I would not have allowed because he was a total stranger to me.

The route was through forests in both sides....we can see trees extending themselves to infinity....some areas like that ...nature will be at its best in morning....I was blessed to see these picturesque beauty ....
As the jouney progresses I felt a drop of wetness in right leg ( my pants had a small circle of water). I thought it was from the water bottle kept in the bag in my lap.But it was resting wholly on the other leg, I was confused. Then I kept the bag down. I felt sleepy and I was sleeping in the seat till I was woken up by another drop. Then I searched around and found that one person was sleeping in the place for keeping the bags, over my head...He was so asleep that ....saliva.....urgh.......then I remembered that I tried to spread the other drop in the pants thinking it was water ,with my hands...didn't dared to smell my hand...I immediately changed my seat...again thorugh the jawar fields open lands...

Reached a small station belgaum........

No comments: